Wednesday, June 19, 2024

TIMBER MOUNTAIN

 Another training hike for me. I'm going to climb Whitney on September 1st and 3rd.

This year training is harder for me being without transportation and hiking more than I would like to.

Anyways, I've hiked to Timber mountain before but from Market Flats when I did the Three T's years ago.

The trail starting from Ice House saddle is very beautiful. It reminded me of San Bernardino peak trail.

I finally arrived at the summit but walked beyond it to sit under a nice shady tree with views of Baldy & Telegraph.

There was a really cool tree trunk nearby. It was hollow and big enough to fit into.

After lunch and summit photos I called it a day descending back the way I came.

Stats 9 miles, 3800 ft of gain


















No comments:

Post a Comment